The Jess Glynne support act thing...

I think it's cool. It's good to see an iconic girl group going on tour with a well-liked, young female singer (Girl Power!); they may introduce her to an audience who doesn't know who she is or listen to her music, and she might have a younger following who isn't too familiar with the Spice Girls and this tour could give them a reason to seek out their albums and solo work.

Andreas

I think it’s perfect. Jess is continuing their legacy with her music and the message she’s putting in it, so for me it makes perfect sense to me. Can’t wait to see her, such an extra treat!

This tour is about continuing the legacy of girl power and I feel that if they had gone with a group that was big back then, it would only be the return of the Spice Girls tour all over again, simply about the nostalgia. If that was the case they might as well not do it.

Jess contributes to the modernisation of Girl power, she’ll take the torch and keep it burning.

from the management's point of view, of course they want to push a current and relevant act in this high-profile platform, rather than bringing back an old band just for one-off performance and then disappear again.

I think it’s perfect. Jess is continuing their legacy with her music and the message she’s putting in it, so for me it makes perfect sense to me. Can’t wait to see her, such an extra treat!

This tour is about continuing the legacy of girl power and I feel that if they had gone with a group that was big back then, it would only be the return of the Spice Girls tour all over again, simply about the nostalgia. If that was the case they might as well not do it.

Jess contributes to the modernisation of Girl power, she’ll take the torch and keep it burning.
It’s clearly nostalgia, otherwise they’d be all over new material. They’d have sold out with or without Jess Glynne. I personally think her music is tragic, like most current artists.

Last edited:

Andreas

Shaznay Lewis would NEVER agree to be a support act for the Spice Girls. Neither would Girls Aloud, they can sell out venues by themselves without being reduced to support.