ANNOUNCEMENT Spice World 2019 UK Tour - Tickets on sale now / Cardiff on sale Friday

Wonder what is the difference between Golden Circle and VIP Golden Circle?
Will VIP have their own circle? Or will they be standing at the same section but maybe be let in first?

Clever Girls! :)
It's the best move to be playing staudiums this time around, and I don't think they'll have any problems selling out those 6 dates. I wouldn't call it playing it safe, rather playing it smart.
I. Can't. Wait!

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Wonder what is the difference between Golden Circle and VIP Golden Circle?
Will VIP have their own circle? Or will they be standing at the same section but maybe be let in first?
It is probably two separate circles.

Just buy the most expensive option!! That’s my tactic.
I probably will! :LOL: At least if I can get a hold of them!
I played around at ticketmaster.co.uk now at the Pink concert for Wembley Stadium and it was so confusing!
So many options, and I could only find "Platinum" tickets! Which was like 320 pounds. WTF is platinum tickets?

Andreas

Yeah - or was just a placeholder from another artist. Or perhaps will vary per venue. Expecting a good London tax for the Wembley date!!
I don’t think they were placeholders, there was a screenshot of what the VIP tickets included from the same website. I think they revealed too much too soon.

Apparently VIP-tickets include:
- early admission
- access to lounge-area
- drinks and/or food
- special parking

No words on any kind of “gift bag” as of yet, though these usually include a lanyard and a small poster. If we’re lucky maybe Bluebell will make a friendship bracelet.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t think they were placeholders, there was a screenshot of what the VIP tickets included from the same website. I think they revealed too much too soon.

Apparently VIP-tickets include:
- early admission
- access to lounge-area
- drinks and/or food
- special parking

No words on any kind of “gift bag” as of yet, though these usually include a lanyard and a small poster. If we’re lucky maybe Bluebell will make a friendship bracelet.
I just think they could be corporate hospitality packages. You never really get free food and drink, unless you’re located in a box. Typically they’re just for entertaining clients. Plus boxes are miles back. Happy to be proven wrong.

Andreas

I just think they could be corporate hospitality packages. You never really get free food and drink, unless you’re located in a box. Typically they’re just for entertaining clients. Plus boxes are miles back. Happy to be proven wrong.
I would agree, but there were separate hospitality packages in every category.

I know that food and drinks aren’t usually free, but sometimes there is a separate bar for a specific area (like the VIP Golden Circle area) where VIP ticket holders can buy drinks. They usually have easy access to toilets aswell... but that’s just speaking from experience, it can vary from gig to gig.

So... 6 dates. Played it pretty safe, didn't they.

Not really. The stadiums seat a capacity of 80-100,000 so they are looking between 500,000-600,000 tickets to be sold. Their 2007 tour in the UK had many more dates at the O2 and Manchester (20 in total) and the overall ticket sales were approximately 400,000. I think they are being ambitious and I hope it pays off.

Andreas

Not really. The stadiums seat a capacity of 80-100,000 so they are looking between 500,000-600,000 tickets to be sold. Their 2007 tour in the UK had many more dates at the O2 and Manchester (20 in total) and the overall ticket sales were approximately 400,000. I think they are being ambitious and I hope it pays off.
What’s the source for those numbers?

What’s the source for those numbers?
I just properly researched it only Wembley is 90,000 I assumed all the others would be similar sizes but there are actually some quite small ones (Bristol) so I guess they are playing it somewhat safe actually. Guess this gives them room to add a few more dates ala TROTSG tour. They did only initially put 60,000 tickets out for the UK at first.

O2 is 20,000
MEN is 21,000.

20,000 x17 is 340,000
21,000 x3 is 63,000
TROTSG - 60,000 tickets initially on sale.
TROTSG - 403,000 tickets sold over whole tour.

Manchester's stadium is 55,097
Coventry's stadium is 32,609
Sunderland's stadium is 49,000
Edinburgh's stadium is 67,144
Bristol's stadium is 27,000
Wembley stadium is 90,000
Spiceworld 2019 Tour - 320,850 tickets initially on sale.