RUMOUR Spice Girls set to announce Australian Tour next week?

The reason why I put rumour on it is because I read someone’s post on the Spice Girls Facebook page that “the biggest band of the 90s set to announce Australian tour next week.”

Boyzone already announced their farewell Australian tour next April.

So it could be the Backstreet Boys or the Spice Girls. So just wait and see for us Aussies to get the chance to see the girls live!

They owe us since 2008 cancellation.

Honestly I don´t think they care about that :-(
People really need to get over that. It was a mistake to name cities they had no real intention of going too but it wasnt like dates went on sale and they cancelled.

I think usa/Australia will be the main places they tour abroad. With a handful of European dates and maybe something in Asia or Brazil.

Aside from the obvious ones (America/other European countries), they should visit Asia (especially Mel C was a judge in Asia's Got Talent), South America, Africa and Australia (especially Geri and Mel B had shows in the country before). Spice Girls are a global act and the world is waiting for them!

Antartica as well!

Aside from the obvious ones (America/other European countries), they should visit Asia (especially Mel C was a judge in Asia's Got Talent), South America, Africa and Australia (especially Geri and Mel B had shows in the country before). Spice Girls are a global act and the world is waiting for them!

Antartica as well!
And don’t forget Melanie C was also here for JCS stuff back in 2013.

whatever country they travel to the tour will have to cover the expenses. So that would most likely mean multiple dates...OZ could work maybe Asia. Not sure they'll risk it.

They missed the mark back in 98.

Okay so, Mel B said on Australian breakfast show Sunrise while promoting Brutally Honest, that the girls will be touring throughout the UK first and then if the girls enjoyed it then they’d go on the world tour that hopefully including Australia! :)

But I think it would be hard for them because they have kids in school now.

Hot take: I’m sick of them using their families as an excuse. It doesn’t seem to be very “girl power” to me—“oh, we’d totally do it but we’re completely chained to the kitchen with mouths to feed!” Uh, no. Other (FEMALE) performers like P!nk go on massive world tours on the regular and still manage to balance out parenthood—to say nothing of all the men who also do so.

If they don’t want to do something, whatever. But do better, Girls—that excuse wears thin. :cautious:

Their kids or having a family shouldn't stop them from doing things. Sure something like a pregnancy can delay things (ex. Spice Girls in 1998/1999 with 2 of the members pregnant)as they will need to rest and take care of their child but even that didn't stop Emma in 2007 to tour with the girls. Also, Emma and Mel B are working full time, the former in radio, the latter in television. Its not like they retired from working and settled as a housewife. Its all about the willingfulness to be in the group. And its the Spice Girls, if any girl group can tour the world and continue as a group releasing new music, its them. The only question is would they fully commit or leave us hanging again like they did in 2008.

Melanie C was on the radio yesterday morning and she was asked whether if the girls will tour Australia or not and she said that the girls owes their Aussie fans a visit. She got everything’s crossed. If it were up to her or other girls then they will come here.

Andreas

They need to coordinate their schedules, which is tricky but it’s doable.

But let’s not forget it was Mel C’s decision to not participate in the 2016 reunion because she wanted to focus on her solo music, so there’s really no guarantee that won’t happen again.

After Victoria, Geri is the one who needs the reunion the least. She seemed to have come to terms with it not happening when interviewed a year ago, and she’s been focusing on TV hosting since then.

And I doubt anything will happen unless at least 4 are on board. Also, the girls touring Australia this year seems a bit far fetched. They need time to sell the tickets and make all the neccesary arrangements. January/February next year seems the most plausible.