New? ROTSG Professional Footage?!

Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted on scottynguyen_'s Instagram account, one of their dancers! He describes it as being a "dancer cut". If only the full show could be leaked with this quality.

I'm still mad we never got this in HD
it was super usual at the time to release dvd for big tours, I think every popstar at the time was releasing lots of dvd, I cant believe that such a reunion was not properly filmed/released. it has been a really stupid thing from managment. I was also expecting a kind of memorial book similar to Forever SPice. They just waisted lot of good chances

after been in London for so long and made shows in Las vegas or at Madison square garden in NY and even been in toronto who was the spice city.... where could they film it then?
even a mix of different nights to match the best records could have worked...anyway that's the way it is :(

As I can see in this footage (and what was leaked back then) is a mixture of different cities and countries, mostly from Madrid (Spain), December 23th 2007.

It's really cool we finally can see more snippets of what they have in their vaults, but I'm not totally sure if there's a full show recorded at all.
In my opinion, they recorded some footage in different countries and they had the idea of a DVD release, but it was cancelled and forgotten when they cancelled the tour and the current footage is what they recorded officially for press and media.

Andreas

after been in London for so long and made shows in Las vegas or at Madison square garden in NY and even been in toronto who was the spice city.... where could they film it then?
even a mix of different nights to match the best records could have worked...anyway that's the way it is :(
I'm just making assumptions but like someone said, back in 2007/2008 EVERYBODY released concert DVD's. And this was THE REUNION tour. I find it hard to believe that neither one of the girls or Simon or his people mentioned it at one point. Which is why I think with certainty we can say that it was intended to be filmed somewhere.

And for me, since it didn't happen in London, I'm sure they had Australia in mind. Cause I genuinely can't imagine they were thinking of filming it in Latin America (no shade) - but hey, maybe they had a huge out-door gig in Rio in mind for a live DVD. As they kept on extending London and the demand for a non European/North American tour really didn't take off, mixed with whatever tension built up and VB's reluctance to actually do physical work, it was one of the things that got scraped. And I think the need for them to show a united exterior was bigger, regardless of how they might've felt individually for the tour being "cancelled", so they kept up the "friendship never ends-facade" and let it go (knowing it would've sold well).

We have no proof that a whole show exists, even Melanie C said they didn't film the whole thing. Otherwise I'm sure they would've put some creating people at work to make something out of what they got, even if the footage was piss poor.

Personally I couldn't give a toss about that tour anymore. It's all over YouTube, fans have put together a decent show, we have a lossless version of the BBC radio broadcast, we have the studio versions, the images, the lot. And it didn't age well. It reads as an advanced Girls Aloud tour, their individuality got completely lost to the degree of boredom.

I really hope they play up on their (united) individuality on the tour that's coming up this May. And hopefully they'll head over to Australia and film it this time.

Last edited:
Mel actually said that they have all the shows fully recorded (in quality which wasn't good enough for dvd) with a water mark on but wernt aloud to leak them

Personally I couldn't give a toss about that tour anymore. It's all over YouTube, fans have put together a decent show, we have a lossless version of the BBC radio broadcast, we have the studio versions, the images, the lot. And it didn't age well. It reads as an advanced Girls Aloud tour, their individuality got completely lost to the degree of boredom.
100% agree.
I’m happy with the online stuff about this tour too. There are some people who are very obsessed asking about this over and over again since 2007, instead of enjoying what we currently have.

I understand the nostalgia feeling about this tour for some fans (probably because for some of them are their first time Spice experience) but it’s time to move on. They were very clearly about not shared this footage. Get over it.

Last edited: