IF they did release new music

I think they have one album left with Virgin.
Probably a live CD/DVD for the tour.

A new album can be a dream come true...
The last album with Virgin contract was Greatest Hits on 2007.

Hopefully they released another one with them and they renovate contracts for reissues and releases.

I think they should give a new album a shot. But they would seriously need to step up the production. They could still work with Biff etc.. but make an effort to produce some real state-of-the-art Spice Pop designed for 2018, rather than attempting to recreate a 1998 vibe.

It’d be great to see them be a somewhat active pop group for real again.. but the music has to be up to par. Ironically, meeting the greatness of their ‘90s classics would mean stepping it up in this manner, aiming for a 2018/9 update. Because trying to actually recapture the ‘90s gave us... “Song For Her,” “Voodoo” and “Headlines.” :x

Actually the current music gets their inspiration from the 80's/90's sounds, so if they decide to ever give new material a go (which I hope they do), they could very well come out with great gems. A few collaborations with the current female artists will do the trick too since quite a number of them have quoted Spice Girls as their inspirations.

I really hope that new music will factor into their reunion at some point. For me it would give the new four piece line-up a bit more of a purpose.
That's what I thought too, but then again, that's assuming they will tour for a longer time and will embark on a global tour. New material will definitely help to keep things fresh and also the expansion of their catalogue is very much needed.

I agree with all of you . I think steps managed to stick to there sound but modernize it and it's worked well for them. I'd love a whole new album to keep things fresh with all modern production and a loads of great remixes like 7th heaven that would be a dream . Even geri seems to have got her fun side back

They should release a single, promote it like hell and see how it does. They're just so antiquated in their methods, always working with the same producers. They need to work with new people to have an updated sound. If they want to stick to that really poppy sound why not go with Max Martin?

JimmyLo

Administrator
Staff member
I think they should give a new album a shot. But they would seriously need to step up the production. They could still work with Biff etc.. but make an effort to produce some real state-of-the-art Spice Pop designed for 2018, rather than attempting to recreate a 1998 vibe.

It’d be great to see them be a somewhat active pop group for real again.. but the music has to be up to par. Ironically, meeting the greatness of their ‘90s classics would mean stepping it up in this manner, aiming for a 2018/9 update. Because trying to actually recapture the ‘90s gave us... “Song For Her,” “Voodoo” and “Headlines.” :x
Right?! At very least experiment and ditch it if it's shit. But honestly (no offence to VB) but the current line up is the true 'sparkle' vocally.

check how fast the tickets will sell today will set the next future for more tour dayes and music releases for sure! Honeslty a brand new GH is useless also bcs u can see how good the original one is doing at any time somethign is announced so for sure they will push for that one to sell more and capitalize on it but a live album (supposed to be also the other time) a dvd or a compilation with unreleasd material is for sure on their minds. But I believe after the initial promotion, Mel C will back to focus on her solo carrer at the beginning of next next year before the tour