Emma and Controversy

Luke

Now I know the most controversial thing Emma has been connected with is probably not having her pigtails at the same height...
She has always been the nice, friendly, down to Earth, homely girl next door

But I wanted to open a thread to see if you know of any controversial moments surrounding innocent Spice?

Things I can remember:
Jamelia saying "Yeah, Downtown, like her career"
Breaking her ankle before ROTSG
Simon Fuller / Justin Timberlake love interests
Aiyda (Robbie Williams' wife) implying that he bedded Emma, Mel C and had a fling with Geri
Cocktail Spice (General Booze intake)
Howerd Stern interview :sick:
GEM :p
a magazine cover stating that she cut the ROTSG tour short because of her family.

I personally still want to know what beef Emma had with Kelis - does anyone actually know?

Andreas

I can’t remember the Kelis incident specifically but apparently whatever it was, Emma confirmed it.

Wasn’t there something going on between her and Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys also? Or am I mixing it with Justin?

Funny about Amelia. At least Emma had a music career, and wasn’t just a one-mediocre-hit-wonder.

I can’t remember the Kelis incident specifically but apparently whatever it was, Emma confirmed it.

Wasn’t there something going on between her and Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys also? Or am I mixing it with Justin?

Funny about Amelia. At least Emma had a music career, and wasn’t just a one-mediocre-hit-wonder.

I can’t stand Jamelia but she certainly had more than one hit, and her thank you album outsold any of Emma’s while her second one went gold like Emma’s...

Emma's reported falling out with Mel C due to Melanie's refusal to reunite.

Emma Bunton and Mel C reportedly ended a bitter feud just days before the Spice Girls announced their reunion. The two women were said to have had beef dating back to March 2017 when Mel C opted not to sign up for the Spice Girl’s spin off GEM, featuring Geri, Emma and Mel B. Emma, 42, and Mel, 44, then reportedly refused to speak to one another, but decided to let bygones be bygones in time for the reunion. A source told the Sun: ‘Mel and Emma didn’t speak for months after, which Mel admitted was the longest they had gone without speaking for 20 years. ‘They’ve always been the best friends in the band, but Emma was upset over Mel not wanting to be a part of it when she wanted the reunion so badly. ‘They’ve got things back to how things were before,’ the source added.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/02/18/emma...days-spice-girls-reunion-7323181/?ito=cbshare

I remember reading on Spice Universe or somewhere back in the day about a story involving some paparazzi catching her on a cigarette break on some video or photo shoot and her threatening to sue if the pic got published because “I have a clean image to uphold!” or something hilarious like that. A different situation from the Polaroid commercial out-take; this was after or right before Forever.. anyway, it’s probably a load of bull :sneaky:

Andreas

To be fair... outside of the Spice Girls neither did Emma. :cry:
Emma had more success outside the U.K. than both Mel B and Victoria. Singles from her first album did chart, if I don’t remember incorrectly all of them charted in Sweden.

And if you say Emma Bunton to people in all over Europe, they will know who she is. If you say Jamelia they will simply give you a vacant look.

Emma had more success outside the U.K. than both Mel B and Victoria. Singles from her first album did chart, if I don’t remember incorrectly all of them charted in Sweden.

And if you say Emma Bunton to people in all over Europe, they will know who she is. If you say Jamelia they will simply give you a vacant look.
I've never understood people who do this. Jamelia not having much success in Europe doesn't detract from her success in the UK. Take a note from Latrice Royale and learn the 5 G's - Good God Girl Get a Grip.

JimmyLo

Administrator
Staff member
Boys and girls. This is exactly the kind of talk we can't have here any more. We're too old for this.

You can make jokes and be witty, but snipping and biting ruins the entire conversation.

Please move any personal conversations of this nature to PM or avoid it altogether.