Chart Updates (iTunes / Spotify etc)

Wonder why only WDYTYA counts for the double aside sales. With Mama included it would be on 825,000 sales...

Ps lol at Mama with it downloads / streams alone outselling Headlines physicals, downloads and streams combined!

GH is #48 in midweeks. Although it has dropped on iTunes a lot, does it mean that people are buying it on CD?
Seems like the HMV discount is really helping it, as the physical sales are quite good, specially for the Christmas period. Shame about lack os streams or downloads really... If we could buy an album for than one time on iTunes, I would!

And this is just the start, I am pretty sure once the tour starts and the promotion that comes together with it, the sales will move pretty steadily. This is their chance to have their music exposed to the new generation and that will likely help them with their streaming.

Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Wonder why only WDYTYA counts for the double aside sales. With Mama included it would be on 825,000 sales...

Ps lol at Mama with it downloads / streams alone outselling Headlines physicals, downloads and streams combined!
It's just that having two songs contributing to the sales of one single wouldn't be a level playing field against the majority of singles that are just one song! So for these old double A Sides, only one song's downloads and streams can contribute to it. I'm also amused that Mama has managed to outsell Headlines by itself :ROFLMAO:

In 2008 when Leona Lewis released Better In Time/Footprints In The Sand, only Better In Time's downloads contributed, and it peaked at #2. Footprints In The Sand managed to chart separately and reached #25 in the same week!

~

Greatest Hits moved up to midweek #47 yesterday! Indeed the vast majority of the sales are coming from the physical, that HMV deal is doing great for them. It's just a pity that the downloads and streaming has slumped. If it was experiencing healthy sales in all formats, it'd definitely be getting some more Top 40 weeks at the moment. Oh well! 2,779 sales so far, 2,438 CDS, 71 downloads and 270 streaming.

This weeks charts:

UK:
47. (54) GREATEST HITS (Spice Girls) 24 wks
(chart-run: 69-25-72-81-54-47...)

IRELAND:
(64) 79 GREATEST HITS SPICE GIRLS VIRGIN 5 wks
(chart-run: 78-41-38-64-79...)

I think it's fair to speculate that it has sold so far ~ 18-20k since the announcement.
Amazing. Im well chuffed at how much the GH has sold. It would have been so shit if it had sunk without a trace since the announcement, but it has stayed around and that's no nice!

This weeks charts:

UK:
44. (47) GREATEST HITS (Spice Girls) 25 wks
(chart-run: 69-25-72-81-54-47-44...)

IRELAND:
(79) 67 GREATEST HITS SPICE GIRLS VIRGIN 6wks
(chart-run: 78-41-38-64-79-67...)

Its crazy that without any new date announcements in the Uk this month, it almost entered the top forty last week and they aren't still committing to a new album... c'mon ladies!